Thursday, May 29, 2014

I Pine For You



My sister saw this card by Nichol Magourick and asked me how to make it. Nichol has released a fantastic video about it but I didn't know about that at the time I made this so I just used my best guess on that background. I stamped and heat embossed the stars from Lawn Fawn's Teeny Tiny Backdrops and then used Distress Ink to blend out a sky. I wanted to mix it up a bit with the critters though so I create a different scene with a little raccoon dreaming of her crush. I don't usually take so much from someone else's card design but it was mostly to show my sister and I didn't want to waste the background so thanks Nichol for the great inspiration and all your fabulous videos.

Challenges for this card



3 comments :

  1. What a fun scene - I'm sure your sister loved it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your scene card...I pine for you...LOVE it!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping our Stash for the "Background Check" challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!