Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Using Color to Spotlight an Image featuring Newton's Nook Designs


Hey There Hottie Card by Jess Crafts using Newton's Nook Designs Love Ala Carte

Hello crafty friends! Today I have a bonus project for Newton's Nook Designs. I'm highlighting the older Love Ala Carte set. As a design team member I receive many stamps in exchange for my work, but this set was released before I was on the team and is such a must have I had to purchase it. The sentiments are just so punny! Check out the video for more on this card.

In case you don't have time for the video here's the summary. I had the idea of using the adorable"Hey there hottie" sentiment but wanted to add some impact to the pepper so I chose to highlight one pepper in red and leave the others green. I also added a bit of glossy accents with a precision tip for some shine to the red pepper. The coloring was done with Inktense Pencils on Distress Watercolor Cardstock.


Before I go I just wanted to mention that I will be continuing on with Newton's Nook Designs through the end of the year. I have already seen some of the upcoming release and Newton fans are going to be so excited! Be sure to save your pennies because there are some must haves in the future and with Newton's Nook Birthday coming soon you know there will be lots of inspiration!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!