Friday, May 22, 2015

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws May Color Challenge


Hello crafty friends! Today I have a card for the latest Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws challenge. This month is a very pretty spring color combination. I find one of the easiest ways to do a color challenge is with some solid stamping. So I pulled out my Newton's Nook Fanciful Florals and my Hero Arts Shadow Ink Cubes and created this asymmetrical design. The ink colors are Tide Pool, Pale Tomato, and Soft Cantaloupe. 


In order to create a smooth finish to the stamping and establish some white space for the stamping I took a coordinating BG34 Copic marker to create the small strip of cardstock. I also finished it up with some enamel dots. Would you believe these are my first enamel dots?! I resisted for a long time knowing how many gems I bought and never used but the work so well with the clean and simple style I've been using a lot lately that I had to have some. I'm excited to see the other takes on this Inky Paws challenge and hope you will find time to join us!

3 comments :

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the bold bright prints and the "almost" one layer layout! Creating a colored strip of cardstock with a copic is a great idea! Filing that away for later :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING the BEAUTIL Card!! Such a PRETTY Combo!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABUOUS WEEKEND!! =) P.S I hope you're ENJOYING some QUIET Time after your Wedding!!?? HUGS!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! off to order some hero arts inks so I can recreate it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!