Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Ink Smooshing for Bright Bold Pops of Color

Ink Smooshing and Lawn Fawn Love You a Latte by Jess Gerstner

Hello crafty friends! Today I whipped up a quick card for a two challenges. Over in the Stamp Junkies Facebook group there was a challenge to make a card with pink, orange, turquoise and white. I decided to use an old favorite technique to add some quick bold color. I did some ink smooshing with acrylic blocks. If you're not sure what I'm talking about I'm sharing an older video with the technique. I love my flower shaped blocks because they are comfortable to grip and make a great shape for this technique. Once I had some great bold color I decided to tie in the Lawnscaping challenge to use watercolor. I used my Distress Inks to watercolor the little cup and then fussy cut it out for a quick and simple card. 





1 comment :

  1. That is such a clever technique!! I really like how the blocks make the fun flowery design! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!